Search              Resources              Stories

Soccer Lover and Survivor: Sajin’s Story

“I keep asking my brother for soccer cleats because I love playing, but he tells me, ‘no’ because he is afraid of my head wound. That’s why he bought me this jersey instead.” – Sajin, 14.

Sajin is a ReSurge patient who was electrocuted when a faulty high voltage power line fell on him. He was rushed to a local pharmacy where they put a dressing on the wounds. After stops at three different hospitals that couldn’t help, he was finally referred to The Nepal Cleft & Burn Center, run by ReSurge Nepal Director, Dr. Shankhar Rai.

“If we didn’t find this facility, it would be a painful life I could not imagine,” says his brother. Sajin received burns on various parts of his body and had one of his hands amputated up to the mid part of his forearm.

His recovery plan involved going back to the center nearly 20-times to slowly repair the skin over his scalp in a process that slowly stretches the skin.

Sajin remains a committed soccer fan and wants to be a singer or a teacher one day.

We are committed to giving patients like Sajin who can’t afford treatment the best possible care. Make a donation to support patients like Sajin here.