We are proud to present our 2022 Annual Report!
At ReSurge, we envision a world where no person has to suffer from a treatable disability because of their geography or income level. Thanks to the work of our partners, volunteers, staff, and all who support our mission, this vision is coming to life. Indeed, we are at an exciting inflection point of growth and impact. As you will read in this report, we have set an audacious goal and are on track to achieve it with a model that is centered in outstanding surgical care, in-country capacity building, and long-term sustainability.
Read on to learn how our new model is impacting ReSurge’s patients, their families and the communities in which they live, and our in-country surgical partners and trainees.
Here are a few highlights from our 2022 fiscal year:
- Impacted 17,497 patients around the world through our training and direct care programs
- Trained over 3,200 local medical professionals in low-income countries
- Launched a new model for hands-on training that puts our local partners up front, reduces our carbon footprint, and provides better and more holistic patient care.
- Expanded our Africa program to train the next-generation of African surgeons and tackle the greatest surgeon shortage in the world along side local partners.
- Received international media recognition for our equitable approach to building local capacity and the exciting opportunity that is global surgery philanthropy.