We Are Proud to Present Our 2021 Annual Report!
We are thrilled to share our 2021 ReSurge International Annual Report! Thanks to supporters like you and to the work of our medical partners, volunteers, and generous donors around the globe, our efforts to train the next generation of reconstructive surgical teams are having a ripple effect worldwide.
When the pandemic hit in 2020, we were one of the first organizations of our kind to swiftly transition into virtual training. Despite having to cancel all in-person programming, we were soon averaging one virtual lecture every 2.7 days. This allowed us to quadruple the number of trainings completed this fiscal year. We started new mentorship programs, established online communities, created a database of over 150 free educational lectures and publications, and we even partnered with fellow nonprofit, Ohana One, to pilot a program using surgical smart glass technology.
All these new tools and technologies will continue to multiply our impact well into the future. The work that we accomplished this year inspiring, and we are honored to share it with you!
2021 Annual Report Highlights
Here are some highlights of what you’ll find in this year’s report:
- Why the World Needs Reconstructive Surgery. Read about our movement to transform lives and livelihoods.
- The Ripple Effect: Our Impact Today and Beyond. Learn how we scale our mission by focusing on the long-term sustainability and impact of our programs.
- Where We Work and What We Do. View our programmatic map and learn how we train for impact, treat for care, partner for equity, and advocate for sustainability.
- ReSurge International Program in Africa (RIPA) Special Report. Check out our key accomplishments plus stories from our eLearning Center in Uganda and our first Annual Scholarship recipient, Dr. Seif Nuru.
- Pioneering Women in Reconstructive Surgery (PWRS) Special Report. Learn how we are tackling the gender gap in reconstructive surgery plus a special story on Dr. Tinga Nyoni who received the highest board scores in her region.
- Patient and Partner Stories. Because at the end of the day, this is why we do this work!